Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A new roof over our heads

Well, almost. At least there's a new roof on the new house. Of course we haven't moved into the new house yet, but at least, there's still progress. We also happened to order the new kitchen cabinets over the weekend, so at this point we have a pretty good idea what the kitchen will look like, as we've now selected the cabinets, the granite countertops, the appliances and the flooring.

The rest of the house is moving slowly. We hope to have the first bathroom done by the end of the week. There is still little bits of work going on all throughout the house.

Lauren continues to do well. She has some more favorite words and expressions. Instead of saying "move" or "please move", she's taken lately to saying "MOOOSH" when she wants you to get out of the way. She's also started pretend counting. She'll pick up items and say "one", "two", "five", "three", "eight", etc. She's also started to try and sing. In addition to Old McDonald, she now tries to sing "Itsy-bitsy spider". Unfortunately for Lauren, I think she's inherited my monotone singing voice, but she's still really cute doing it nonetheless.

My mom has gotten a lot more independent, mostly because of circumstances. With my new job, I just haven't been able to take her to as many appointments as I would like, so she's been taking herself to her doctor's and chemo appointments. I'm still making sure she limits her long distance driving as she still tires pretty easily.

The baby fish in the aquarium are growing quite fast. I have about 23 left from the 40 that were in the latest delivery (after giving some away and losses in the tank). If you are interested in getting some fish for your aquarium, please let me know, we have plenty to give away!

No comments: