Monday, January 10, 2011

Bedtime stories

Lauren insists that either Lauris or myself spend some time with her each evening getting ready for bed. If it's my lucky night, then it's generally an evening of singing and bedtime stories. She likes to sing out loud, even though she is a bit like me, and a bit note-challenged when it comes to singing. But I'd never tell her that to her face. Instead, I always tell her how much I enjoy her singing, since I really do, it's wonderful to hear no matter how off key it is.

Lauren likes to have stories read to her, especially since she really can't read past a few basic words right now. With Lauris, they will read quite a few of her favorite books before she goes to bed. But with me, she never actually wants me to read her a book, instead she wants me to tell her a bedtime story about her Grandma, Grandpa, aunts and myself, from when we were kids.

So each night I have to dig into my repertoire, and come up with a story or event from when I was a little boy to relay to her. I can already tell, she's going to be the family historian, like myself, when she's older. Maybe she'll be the glue that keeps the family together.

No comments: