I guess when you have a seven year old, it seems like time goes non-stop. I feel like we haven't had a chance to take break in ages. Somehow, April passed us by and I'm not even sure I remember everything that happened in April!
After coming back from my trip to Singapore and the Philippines at the beginning of April, we started out the month by seeing the "Blue Man Group" in San Jose, as part of the subscription tickets that I purchased for myself and Lauren. Lauren enjoyed the performance, but was a little disappointed that we were sitting a little too far back in the audience (row 19) to participate in some of the audience involvement activities that they had (like helping push large air balloons around the room).
This year, like last, spring break fell on different weeks for Lauren and Lars, so we didn't have any real planned family vacations. Lauren's spring break came first and she spent the week at gymnastics camp. She's gotten so good she spends almost all of her free time doing cartwheels and trying to do handstands.
Lars actually flew to Tucson for a few days of his spring vacation, leaving Lauren and I to defend for ourselves. I took Lauren to see "The Croods" with a friend of hers from Chinese school while Lars was gone, and while we were at the theater, we ran into another friend of Lauren's from her pre-school days.
The week after Lars' spring break, I had a trip to Orlando to participate in my company's annual sales kick-off event. Two years ago, I was able to take Lauren and Lars with me to Orlando, but this year we decided against it, as she's now in 2nd grade, and her school was about to start their STAR testing.
After getting back from Orlando, I took Lauren to her Chinese school friend's birthday party which was held at a martial arts facility, so it was the first time that Lauren got to practice martial arts. She seemed to enjoy it and is even willing to give it a try now. I just need to find time to squeeze in yet another activity for her.
Today's the last day of STAR testing at Lauren's school. She seemed to think it went pretty well. I don't think we'll see the results for some time, but I expect she'll be near the top of her class, as she's already above grade level in reading and math. Only 4 weeks of school left and it'll be summer vacation. Where does the time go?
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment