Life just doesn't slow down. It's true what they say. Time passes even faster when you're older. So when you're young take advantage of the time you've got. It may seem like it's going slow, but you'll wish you had all that time back again when you're older!
I had a busy weekend with open houses for my condo, which I'm selling now that my tenant has moved out. Somehow we still found the time Saturday night to meet up with my older sister and Annette at a benefit dinner.
I managed to accept offers on the condo on Monday and after negotiating counters on Tuesday, I'm now in contract to sell my condo. Within a month from now all this paperwork should be done, and all I'll have to look forward to a next year is paying taxes on the sale.
My mom caught a cold, and I was able to take her to see the doctor yesterday. She's got bronchitis and the doctor started her on antibiotics. My dad started the latest round of chemo yesterday, as well, so multiple trips up the peninsula. Little Michaela got to see me, and she was quite attached to me, crying each time I had to leave.
I've got a business and personal trip down to Los Angeles this weekend. First a customer meeting on Friday, followed by a short weekend getaway. Lars is flying down on a later flight Friday. We'll be back Sunday night.
So as we keep busy, there's little time to finish the floor in the sunroom. I keep adding a few pieces everytime I've got a free minute.
But somehow in the midst of all this, I did find the time to finish reading "The Da Vinci Code". A very nice read. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend reading the illustrated edition, with pictures of all the artwork and locations. It was especially a treat to read, given I had just been in Paris and London last month and visited many of the referenced locations, especially the Louvre.
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment