Thursday, January 19, 2006

Back in the USA


My flight landed safely back in San Francisco last Saturday. Lars and Lauren went to the airport to pick me up, but poor Lauren didn't know what to make of me since she hadn't seen me all week. Usually she's very bubbly and receptive when she gets sight of daddy, but this time around she was less than enthusiastic about seeing me. But lucky for me, it only took her a day to realize who I was and her enthusiasm returned the next day.

While I was in the Philippines I was able to take this picture of a "jeepney" a very common form of transportation in Manila.

It's now Thursday and I'm mostly over jet lag at this point. I've spent the past few days on a less than full schedule to try and regain my bearings.

Meanwhile my mom had a PET scan on Monday, she'll get the results later today. My dad's CEA numbers were up last week, and because the current chemotherapy regime hasn't been helping, he cancelled the last session and is awaiting a doctor's appointment to decide what to do next. He's also lost his voice again, for about the 5th day now.

On the subject of doctors, Lauren has her third round of shots today, before we join my parents at the oncologist's office.

No comments: