For the last two days now, when I've been leaving the house for work in the morning, I've said goodbye to Lauren as usual. These last two times I think she's finally realized what it means when I'm saying goodbye. She starts to cry and wants me to hold her when I'm walking away.
It used to be I could walk away and she wouldn't notice, she'd just stay with Grandma and be happy. Lauren is definitely growing up fast!
Lauren and Michaela still get along incredibly well. Michaela still asks for "baby" all the time, and is always willing to help Grandma out with baby care. This is a good thing, as she will soon have yet another baby to help out with! Marie is doing well, and still expected to deliver some time in February.
As for the rental house, it's about 99% empty at this point and almost ready for move-in. I've got some more cleaning to do this weekend, and the little things left to move out or to take to the dump. Lars has been a great help with the house, and I certainly wouldn't have been able to get it to this point without his help.
This weekend, on Saturday we also have Chinese New Year's dinner being hosted by my aunts and uncles here in San Jose. It'll be a full family gathering as usual. Uncle Tao, Aunt Cathy, Aunt Lih-Ping and Uncle Jun and taking us to a Chinese restaurant in Sunnyvale (very close to my office).
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment