Yes, in only 4 days, it will be Christmas. We're all running around doing last minute shopping and preparation. Lauren's on her second to last day in day care before Christmas break. Lars and I both have the week between Christmas and New Years off, so we're keeping Lauren home from day care that week and will be able to keep her entertained full time!
We're hosting dinner at our house for the family Christmas Eve, and Lars is planning on making turkey, pork loin, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc., in a traditional Christmas dinner style.
Our house is decorated, the tree is up, and the nutcrackers line the fireplace mantel. Lauren's been enjoying all the lights and decorations, and every so often she has to go an play with the ornaments on the tree and the lights and the garland. She's also very fascinated by the presents under the tree because some of them are wrapped in Elmo gift-wrapping paper and Elmo as you know is her most favorite children's personality!
When we were in Wyoming over Thanksgiving, Lauren was given a toy house made by Fisher-Price with "little people" by Lars' brother's family. We shipped it back to ourselves and the package finally arrived a few days ago. Just yesterday we got all the parts out and put the toy house out for her to play with. I was surprised at how well Lauren could role play. The toy house has bedroom, bathroom, office, kitchen, laundry and nursery. I told Lauren the daddy doll needed to go potty and she took the little figure and put him on the toilet in the house. She did this and played around with taking the dolls in and out of the house for well over half an hour. I guess I'm just astounded at her understanding this is a small representation of a house and her ability to understand and make each of the small characters do things in the house! I told her the daddy needed to sit at the computer and work, and sure enough the daddy figure got put in the chair in front of the computer in the office. All this from a 17 month old little girl who only talks in single words!
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment