Monday, July 02, 2007

Great America Sunday

I've been spending a lot of time away from Lauren on weekends, trying to get our new home ready to be moved in to. So I made a conscious decision to wrap up early this past Sunday, so that we could take Lauren to Great America, and get some use out of our season passes.

I left the new house so I could be home by 3 pm and by 3:30pm on Sunday we were in the car and on our way to Great America. We had to park pretty far away and walk quite a distance to get to the park entrance.

As we approached the entrance I could tell that Lauren was beginning to get more and more excited. She saw all the other kids heading in that direction, and she knew something was up. As soon as we made it the entrance she screamed "Dora" after seeing Dora knick-knacks for sale in the gift shop. As we walked through the entrance, she saw the double-height carousel at the entrance, and screamed "Horsies", "Ride Horsies!". So we went and rode the carousel, which she wanted to stay on for a second ride, and switched from riding a horse, to riding a pig, which is one of her favorite animals because of her stuffed animal "piggy".

At 5pm we assembled at the back of the carousel, and got a front row view of the Nickelodeon parade. Lauren was mesmerized by Dora and Diego, and wanted to go up and meet them which she got to do after the performance. We took pictures of her with Dora and Diego and I'll post and share those soon.

After eating dinner, we ended the day in the "Kidzville" part of the park where Lauren got to ride the Dora "buggy" ride, the Rugrat's Coconut treetop ride, the Hanna-Barbera carousel (where she wanted to ride the "bus" - Fred Flinstone's buggy), and an airplane ride. We left the park with a very exhausted little girl.

No comments: