Friday, September 28, 2007

Lauren's Potty Time

Lauren's been doing the potty training thing at school. She doesn't wear diapers when she's at day care, instead she wears training pants, real panties that are a little thicker to try and absorb some accidents. For the most part Lauren's doing really well with letting her teacher's know when she needs to go potty, but there are the occasional accidents.

I also went and picked up the video "Elmo's Potty Time" to help her get used to the idea of having to go potty and not using a diaper. We congratulate or award her every time she's able to go potty.

Our lives remain somewhat crazy, as I'm still relatively new at my job and needing to spend time in the office; we're still trying like mad to get the new house ready for move in; and Lars is still working on Ph.D. in his free time. We really are nearing the last stages in the remodel, as the downstairs hardwood flooring will go in Monday, the last real hurdle to us moving in the house. The current house remains on the market and as the housing market gets tougher, we've also listed the house available for rent as well as lowered our asking price. I'm hoping one of these two things will get some activity on the house.

My uncle William from NY is visiting us right now, and I think it's confused Lauren a little bit to have two "Jo-Gong"s (the Chinese word for Grand Uncle).

As I've mentioned before I expect my travel to pick up with my job, and next week I'll spent some time in Las Vegas, and then again later in October I'll be back in Las Vegas again for a conference.

My mom continues on her chemo regimen. She's getting Abraxane, 3 weeks on, 1 week off in a continual cycle. On a needs basis, she also gets Neupogen to keep her white blood cell count up. So far she's still tolerating the chemo pretty well. Well enough to spend time with Lauren and take care of Michaela for a few days at a time.

I also heard from my mom that my uncle Jun is in the hospital in the ICU, and they believe they've found a tumor in his lung so he's started chemotherapy as well. We all wish uncle Jun and his family the best, and if there's anything we can do for you please let us know.

No comments: