We flew down to Tucson for Labor Day weekend to spend time with Lars' daughter Amie and her family. Lauren loved the idea of getting on an airplane, spending her time saying "go up and down on airplane". We had a great weekend, even in the 100 degree weather of Tucson. Lauren got to cool off in the local swimming pool and she even enjoyed it, unlike some of her swimming experiences in our own backyard.
Lauren had fun playing with Dane, Henley and Spencer, but she still remembers Amie most of all, and keeps asking when she's getting back on an airplane to see Amie.
I followed that by taking a trip to Paris to Euro Disney where my company was holding a conference. We even spent some time in the theme park doing a team building exercise. The weather in Paris was beautiful, just perfect. Too bad I wasn't in the center of the city, but I kept the trip short so I could be home to see Lauren.
On my last call home, Lauren even asked "Daddy, when are you coming home?". It was a first from her, I've never heard her asked a time related question in a full sentence like that! During that week, Grandma took Lauren to daycare in the mornings.
Progress on our home continues, we're still not quite ready to move in, but a lot of the remaining work with the exception of the floors is just finish work. We'll probably be moving in early October at this rate.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment