Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Food, home, and family

There's nothing like food, home, and family to put you in the right frame of mind. Unfortunately I'm neither home, nor am I near family, but at least there's lots of food. That's typical of conferences, and of course I'm in Las Vegas, capital of conferences. I'll be home late tonight though, too late to see Lauren before she's off to bed.

We're in our new house, mostly moved at this point, with little bits here and there still at the old house. The old home still isn't sold, so we're moving closer to renting it out.

The new house is of course a mess, with boxes piled everywhere, it will be a few weeks before we get to a comfortable point in the house.

My mom's weathered the move pretty well, but I can tell it was stressful for her. Lauren too has been a trooper through the move, and has had her anxiety attacks as well. But she seems to be doing better, and she also adapted really quickly to her new daycare.

She's turning out to be a true carnivore. Her favorite meal is ground beef with noodles or rice. Still no vegetables. Anything green is a no-no, she'll trying vegetables of other colors, but usually she just puts it in her mouth, spits it out and says "I no like it". At the very least she's still eating her fruit, grapes, watermelon and apples. She's also likes strawberry yogurt, strawberry ice cream and strawberry jamba juice. It's a strawberry world!

No comments: