Thursday, December 06, 2007

In honor of Diego

Our dog Diego passed away tonight. He had somehow dug himself a hole in backyard under the fence and escaped in the rain. A car ran him over in the street, and didn't stop. A neighbor came by to let us know our dog was hurt. His injuries were so severe he didn't last long. Lars didn't have the heart to let Lauren know he was gone, so we haven't told her yet.

Diego was a very good dog. He loved all of us so much. He was so good with Lauren, patient and playful. He was always attentive and barked at strangers to protect us. We're going to miss him very much. I never thought we'd being saying good bye so soon. Looking back now, I can't help but wish I had spent more time with him, played with him more, as he never wanted anything but attention from us all, and for that he gave us all his love.

We'll all miss you Diego. We still love you.

No comments: