Last Friday (so I'm only a week late), we took Lauren to a production of "Goodnight Moon". It was based on the children's book "Goodnight Moon" which Lauren has a copy of, and we've read to her since she was a little baby.
The production was pretty well done, and the set was an incredible duplication of the pages of the book. Lauren seemed to enjoy most of it, but the thing that stayed with her most was the big representation of the Moon they eventually used in one scene. It was so big, she said she was scared of it!
I'm always on the lookout for events like these that we can use to help broaden her experience, and she's tolerating staying in a theater really well.
This week we moved her from her toddler sized bed to a real twin size bed. It's a lot earlier than we had planned on doing it, but decided it was necessary because of how much she flops around the bed while she's sleeping. She really needs the extra real estate.
My mom is going for another paracentesis today, and another round of chemo on Monday. Next week, I'll be traveling to Las Vegas for InterOp, a large networking tradeshow, and my mom will tag along, assuming there's no medical complications from the paracentesis or chemo, and her red and white blood cell count remain good.
As the weather starts to turn nicer here in the Bay Area, I've also started to work on projects around the house. Last weekend I finally replaced the columns on the front porch of the house. The ones that were there, were really too large for the scale of the house, and I replaced them with thinner ones that match the style of the home better. There's still more work to be done to the exterior of the home, so more projects left before summer ends.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment