I can't remember the last time I actually slept through an entire night. It's not Lauren's fault, although she's had her share of nightmares that has woken me up in the middle of the night. Mostly it's that I'm having a much harder time falling asleep because of insomnia. Insomnia that's probably stress related. I think people are beginning to notice too. When I was Charlotte's birthday party over the weekend, my aunt commented on how tired I looked.
Stress is no surprise in this economy. Stocks are down, housing prices are down, and jobs are fragile, with a greater than 10% unemployment rate. We're still actively trying to sell our other home, and just watching the value drop as time passes on. A lot of it is of course, 20/20 hindsight. If we had known what the market was going to do we would have sold the house a lot sooner and dropped our price a lot earlier.
So there's plenty to keep me up at night, and Lauren's not the one to blame. The good news is that I do have a job, that we still have some equity in our homes, and we're all in good health. Now, if I could just get that good night of rest.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment