Thursday, December 02, 2010

Holding Lauren

It should be no surprise to anyone with kids, that Lauren continues to grow, it seems she's getting taller and heavier all the time. She's bigger, but she's still only 5, and as such she continues to ask us to hold her when she's tired of walking, or just wants to cuddle.

While this was fine when she was 4, and in fact something I had to do quite a lot of when I was in Taiwan with her last year over Thanksgiving, I feel like she's much heavier this year (or maybe I've just gotten that much older in a year). Right now I can't even imagine how I carried her for such long trips from the hotel to the subway station and back again, when she was sound asleep in my arms in Taipei. But I did, and I guess that's part of being a parent, you do what you have to for your kids.

And so for now I still indulge her, and hold her when she asks, because I know it will be too soon before she stops asking.

No comments: