Thanks to everyone who came out for End of Summer / Beginning of School / Lauren's Un-Birthday / August Moon Festival / BBQ. While it was a long day for us, it was a lot of fun, and Lauren had a great time. We enjoyed seeing everyone, although I didn't have a lot of time to spend with each of you (since I was directing so many activities for the kids), I'm glad you were able to make it. In case you missed our event, we had a large jump (bounce) house out front on our driveway for the kids, along with a cotton candy machine in the backyard. Both were a great hit with the kids, as was Lauren's playground/swing structure.
We went through about half the container of cotton candy, which was estimated to be about 40 servings of cotton candy. We also had an origami table, which Teresa, was a big help with, and she made some exquisite roses in addition to projects I had set up to make cranes, frogs, boxes, stars and flowers. Mike was a big help on the barbeque as usual, and helped to make our hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken and salmon. Yummy.
Lauren played musical chairs, pinata, and other games with all the kids. So all in all a great success, with way too much food, august moon cakes, and lots of fun.
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment