Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving week

It's a short week this week for all of us. I have 3 days of work, Lauren has 2 days of school and Lauris has no days of work, lucky guy. Thanksgiving this year won't be at our house, instead, my Uncle Tao and Aunt Cathy have offered to host. This year's Thanksgiving will also be missing a bunch of family, as my older sister and her family are spending their Thanksgiving in Taiwan, something Lauren and I did two years ago (I can't believe it's been two years already since we went!). And my younger sister Marie and her family are spending turkey day with her husband Michael's older sister's family in Pacific Grove.

Lauren got her first report card for the school year, and she did pretty well, there was only one part she needs help on (out of like 65 items), and that's writing neater, and correctly. Her penmanship definitely needs a little help, but we're sure it'll get better with practice.

I continue to take her to Chinese school on Friday evenings and she is beginning to pick up little bits of Chinese here and there. I'm hoping persistence will pay off on this front.

It's incredible it's almost December. Time does really go faster when you're older. I look at Lauren and I can't help but be in awe at how big she is. It seems like it was just yesterday she was a newborn in my arms.

No comments: