Monday, September 17, 2012

Kellog's World of Champions

I'm catching up on my blog posting.  The weekend of Sept 8, we went to see the Kellog's World of Champions, featuring the gold medal winning women's gymnastics team.  I bought the tickets so Lauren could go see Gabby Douglas and the team, right after they won the team medal at the London Olympics, so Lauren's been looking forward to this event for a few weeks.  When I told my sister, Marie about the tickets, she also wanted to bring her family, and she was able to pick up tickets for the seats next to us and behind us, so we were all able to sit together.

Before we went off to the show, we met up with my Uncle Tao, Aunt Cathy and Aunt Lih for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes in San Jose.  It was a nice family gathering as we hadn't had one in a while.  After dinner we went back to my house so we could consolidate cars, and just drive one vehicle to the event.  The kids loved the show, but Lauren lamented that she didn't see more of the Olympic winning gymnasts performing.  Lauren of course has been taking gymnastics for the last year, and was excited to watch what she's been doing in action.

This past weekend, Lauren got invited to a birthday party in Golfland in Sunnyvale.  The owners there had told the parents of the birthday girl that the place has been there for over 40 years.  I only moved to Bay Area a bit more than 20 years ago, but the only time I've ever been Golfland was in the early nineties when some of my college friends and I went there, probably for one of our birthdays.

Lauren had a lot of fun with miniature golf, even if she's not quite got the hang of it and had to resort to pushing the ball with the putter to get it to go in the hole.  After golfing the kids got to have pizza and an ice cream birthday cake followed by fun time in the arcade at Golfland.  For some reason, I didn't remember there being an arcade in Golfland, but maybe that's because I never actually went in when I went there in the past.

No comments: