Friday, October 28, 2005

Away from the baby....

This week was the first time I've been away from Lauren for longer than a few hours. I spent Monday-Thursday on the east coast giving seminars in Birmingham, Alabama; Knoxville, Tennessee; and Atlanta, Georgia.

The good news is she still remembered me when I got back! She just seemed bigger when I got back, and it's only been 4 days.

This week she spent extra time with my parents because of my business trip. Both of my parents had time with the oncologist this week. My mom had her xeloda infusion this week and my dad had his chemo, and they had to bring both babies (Lauren and Michaela) with them. But at least for my dad's chemo, Marie joined them to help out with childcare.

We got some work around the house completed this week and last as well. The roof where we tore out the free-standing fireplace was finally repaired last week, and the driveway was completed this week. It looks really nice, the brick borders really dress up the look of the house.

Next week the windows get installed. So we're moving right along!

No comments: