Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Halloween week

Monday was Halloween here in the United States, a strange holiday that's begun to get admirers all over the world. This was Lauren's first Halloween and Michaela's second. This Halloween both Michaela and Lauren dressed up as witches. Michaela had a darling witch costume, while we found a gray top for Lauren with little witches on it and I made her a witch hat from some black cloth.

Michaela got to trick or treat at my parents house, while Lauren stayed at home with me and helped me hand out candy. All the parents thought little Lauren was adorable sitting in her walker helping me hand out candy.

Meanwhile, this week has meant getting new windows for the house. We've had workers at the house all week installing new windows and sliding doors. At this point they're all in, and they just need to be trimmed out. Then we get the fun part of putting back window curtains, and cleaning up the house.

Next week, I get to run a conference at work, so I'll remain busy!

No comments: