Wednesday, December 07, 2005

International Travel

I spent last week traveling to the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taipei. The trip itself was expected, as I had been planning it for a few weeks, but what was unexpected was the trip to Taipei. I had originally been told I was going to be going to Beijing, but those plans fell through, since our employee in Taiwan was unable to obtain a visa into mainland China. So I spent two days in Taipei instead.

I was able to contact my cousin Sui-Guin the day before I arrived in Taipei (basically the same day I found out I was going to Taipei). As usual, she was an incredible host and was able to clear her schedule for me. I spent the first evening with my cousin, her husband, and two of her kids having dinner. She had beautiful presents for Lauren (thanks Sui-Guin!).

The next day I spent working, and in the evening was able to meet up with my eldest uncle and his wife (my aunt Agimm), who were staying at their son's apartment while theirs is being renovated. Their son (my cousin Alen) and family were in mainland China at the time. My cousin Heu-rin and his wife and kids were also there. His newest son was there as well a baby boy only 2 months old. My cousin treated me to dinner, along with my cousin Sui-Guin and my aunt.

I ended up having to only work the morning of the second day, so had the rest of the afternoon to spend with my aunt Mei-Ling, her husband, and my second uncle Ay-Jiang. My aunt Agimm also joined us. My cousin Sui-Guin took me amber shopping before meeting up with everyone for lunch. So as you can tell I got to spend quite a bit of time with family during my week off.

When I got home, Lauren was happy to see me, she seemed to instantly recognize me, even though I had been gone 7 days. Her smile could melt your heart!

No comments: