There's a heatwave going across the United States, and California is no exception. San Jose had a high yesterday of 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Apparently the temperature has finally begun to take its toll, as there were lots of power outages all over the Bay Area, and we were not immune. We lost our power around 5pm Sunday evening. With the hot weather we had to escape so we took Lauren and went shopping at Target. We then went to a late dinner at Wendy's and were home around 9:30pm. The power unfortunately was still out and the house was miserable.
Lauren couldn't sleep and didn't get to sleep until after midnight. We finally got our power back around 2 or 3am in the morning.
Today the weather will still be warm but not as hot as Sunday or Saturday (the high was 102 degrees Fahrenheit on Saturday).
Luckily my mom has been spending the weekend in Vegas with her friend from high school Theresa, in a nice air conditioned hotel. I'll pick them up at the airport today.
As for earlier in the weekend, I subjected Lars and Lauren to some miserably hot weather in the North Bay on Saturday, when we went to pick up my new car in Vallejo, CA. I purchased a brand new Toyota Prius. Our family is going hybrid! We'll get much better fuel economy and help save the environment. Sadly though that means the BMW is going. I've already have someone interested who gave me a deposit to hold the car yesterday. The Toyota Prius is a 2006 model, and gets an EPA rated 60MPG in the city/51 on the highway. It had 2 miles on it when I picked it up. The bad part of the experience was Lars and Lauren walked around in the 104 degree weather while waiting for me to finish up the paperwork.
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment