Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend Wedding


My Aunt Jen, Uncle William and Aunt Tracy flew in from the New York area on Saturday night. Just in time to go with everyone on the caravan car drive up to Sufen and Annette's Wedding on Sunday in Davis.

The weather was a little chilly, but the day remained beautiful, and it was great day for a great ceremony and a great party afterwards.

Amelia and Daniel did great participating in the ceremony as flower girl and ring page. Lots of little cousins helped Amelia out in her flower girl duties.

We took Lauren in her little Chinese outfit that I got her in Hong Kong last year, as you can see in the picture I've attached.

It was also a time to visit with people I haven't seen in a long time. Sufen and Annette were celebrating 18 years together. Some of the people who came for the wedding were people I had not seen in anywhere up to 18 years! Perhaps the most obvious thing to me was the fact that everyone is looking older. Yikes. That must mean I'm looking older too!

My mom had a week off from chemo last week, and she starts her second round of Xeloda today. So far she's tolerating it pretty well. She also had a doctor's appointment last friday with a chest x-ray and a blood draw. Everything looked good. She still has a cough, but the chest x-ray indicates the fluid level is going down, although slowly, so we'll just hope the chemo works and causes the fluid to go away.

No comments: