Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day, Michaela's Birthday, Eric's Birthday

Just when you thought the weekend was coming and you could relax for a change, wham a whole bunch of things fill your calendar and you're off and running on another race.

This past weekend was no different, and somehow seemed even more chock full of events than other weekends. Michaela had her 4th birthday party on Saturday at "The Jungle", an indoor kids recreation area that featured ball pits, climbing toys, and other assorted kids activities. Lauren had a lot of fun, especially in the ball pits, which she had never played in before. She took to the ball pits immediately, even diving head first into the pool of balls.

Michaela's actual birthday was Sunday, the same day as my cousin Eric's birthday (Happy Belated Birthday Eric!). Sunday was also Mother's Day, and we celebrated by meeting at my house and having a mother's day brunch. Both my sisters and their families came to help celebrate and we had a lot of food!

Somehow during that time I managed to take my mom to get her Neupogen shots (to help increase her white blood cell count), order a new shed for our backyard (it should take a week or two to build), work on some electrical in the backyard, and get a hair cut. Little by little our house gets closer to what I would call complete. There's still lots of little projects, but they are getting done, slowly!

In all the craziness these past few weeks, I did manage to lose my digital camera, but luckily I think I've only lost a few photos from the camera itself. And of course with my penchant for buying things, I still had an older camera I could use for Michaela's birthday. All this means, is that I need to get better organized, something I've been trying to do for some time but with little success.

No comments: