Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Summer arrives early

A heat wave has hit the Bay Area this week, and we're all living in 90-degree plus weather. I took Lauren to Great America on Sunday thinking we might get some relief in some of the water-themed rides, but Lauren avoided all of them like the plague, so instead we suffered through the heat by buying lemonade and dippity dots ice cream. The ice cream has become a favorite of Lauren's at Great America and she insists on having it every time we go. My mom started this tradition, buying Lauren an ice cream on one of her very first visits to Great America.

We're now in our third year of Great America. We bought season passes again this year. It's also the first year Lauren needs to have her own season pass, a concept she loves, since every time we go anywhere she has to have her own ticket to enter. So to lower our costs and buy Lauren's pass, this year we went down a notch and brought the regular season pass instead of the VIP one. The big difference is we have to park in the normal parking lot, which is a lot farther walk. I'm also telling Lauren she has to walk, and we're not using a stroller in the park. I'm not sure how long that will last, since by the end of the day on Sunday she was exhausted, and I had to carry her back to the car, and she's not a light baby any more!

No comments: