Meanwhile, I'm back off to Tucson this weekend to spend the weekend, since Lauren will be turning 4 years old on Monday. I've missed her this week, and apparently she has missed me as well, since according to Lars she woke up this morning singing a little song:
my daddy is coming home today, i get to go to the airport, my daddy, my daddy, my only special daddy
I wish I could have heard it live! Unfortunately I may have to disappoint her since I'm stuck at the airport with a delayed flight, and since there's no direct flight to Tucson, it means I may miss my connection in Salt Lake City. According to the airline my connecting flight is of course, the last one to Tucson for the night.
Some day, I hope Lauren reads all these posts I've written, whether it's about the family or about her. I want her to know and understand how special she is to us, and what her childhood is like. We're going to have her birthday party on Sunday, and we've got lots of presents prepared. Now, I just have to wait for an airplane ...
No comments:
Post a Comment