Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Mid Summer Update

So we spent almost three weeks in our new house near Tucson before I had to head back to the Bay Area. Lars and Lauren are still out in Arizona, but I'm back in the Bay Area trying to get some work done while I'm here.

The new house is shaping up nicely, we've already done some upgrades, like ceiling fans, a new chandelier in the dining room, and chrome knobs for the kitchen cabinets. The house is very nice and comfortable even in the Arizona desert heat. It's well insulated and has nice, powerful air conditioning.

Lauren likes her room, although she wishes for more pink in the room, something we haven't gotten around to yet. She's also enjoying the pools, which when we got here was a little problematic as she was still having some water fear from the time she walked off the step of a pool back in April and found herself underwater. It didn't take long though for her to gain her confidence back and she's playing happily in the water park near our home. Her only complaint now? She still doesn't like the heat and she's complained constantly about it since we've been in Arizona. Being indoors doesn't help her much either, since when we're indoors, she inevitably complains that it's too cold from the air conditioning. We're hoping she acclimates to the weather as she's pretty spoiled from being in the Bay Area.

I drove back to the Bay Area on Sunday, so I could spend this week in the office. I'll fly back to Tucson Friday night to spend the weekend with Lauren for her 4th birthday before flying back to the Bay Area on Monday for another week of work.

No comments: