The storms rolled into California this past week, making everything wet, windy and cold. The weather was appropriate I guess for the mood I was in for much of the week. The best laid plans, often go astray, and it was no different for me. Although I had planned on making it to the cemetery over the prior weekend it didn't happen. Instead, I ended up taking Lauren to meet up with Marie and her girls up in Fremont for lunch on Saturday, something Lauren really wanted to do as she loves to be with Michaela and Mariah. And somehow Sunday got to be too busy as well.
I had an all day meeting on Tuesday, and told my manager I was leaving early to visit the cemetery and left with about an hour and half to spare, but by then the wet weather was fully upon us, and I inched along on the freeway Tuesday afternoon, knowing full well about five miles short of the cemetery that there was no way I'd be there by sunset when it closes. It turned out there was car fire somewhere on the freeway and Marie had made it to the cemetery that morning even if I didn't make it.
On Wednesday, I was supposed to leave around noon for an offsite to Costanoa, a resort midway between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay on the coast. We found out late Wednesday morning there was a mudslide blocking access to the resort, and the hotel itself had no power because of the storms. Quick change of plans and our off site was rescheduled to a hotel in Palo Alto. Meanwhile, I took the time to get to the cemetery over lunch; this time without a hitch.
The offsite lasted through to the end of day Thursday, and Friday my day was filled with meetings again, including what was supposed to be a visit from Best Buy to fix our TV at home (but I found out by calling them at 9:30AM they had rescheduled without telling me). But I still made it home early enough to pick up our minivan from the body shop (it was finally ready), but not early enough to pick up Lauren and take her to my office (which is something she's been wanting to do again for a while now). The minivan looks and drives like new again, after all the damage from the tire blow out over Christmas has been repaired.
There was some good news this week, our renters in the big house found out that the fire marshal signed off on the house, so they can stay in the house and continue renting from us. One less burden to worry about.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment