Lauren's first field trip of her kindergarten year was to the Uesugi Pumpkin Patch in Morgan Hill this past Tuesday. She's had plenty of field trips during her pre-school years, and there was even one scheduled last year to this same Pumpkin Patch (but it got canceled due to heavy rains and flooding). In each one of her previous field trips, I was offered he opportunity to chaperone, but in each instance I had a conflicting work obligation. That's why this time around, I made sure I would be available to go on this trip with Lauren. She was super-excited that I would be going with her, since she's been asking me to for years now.
The field trip didn't go as smoothly as I'm sure the teachers planned. For starters there were more parent chaperones than expected, which was problem since the bus filled, and there wasn't room for many of the parents, which meant a group of us had to drive ourselves. That meant I got ride and catch up with a parent of one of Lauren's friends. We spent the trip finding out how alike our daughters are. Both of them have requested to visit Ms. Uma, their pre-school teacher, both love the Disney Princess website, and both like to print stuff from that website.
At the Pumpkin Patch, the kids got to go on a hay ride, train ride, walk through a corn maze, listen to a video on the life of a pumpkin, and pick out their own pumpkin to bring home. Lauren had a great time throughout the day and stuck next to me the entire time, except when I had to run a few chores for the teacher (like carry the lunch box-that held everyone's lunches; and move her large classroom pumpkin to the wheelbarrow).
All in all, Lauren had a great time, and she seemed to really enjoy having me with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment