Monday, March 28, 2011

Busy Weekend

It seems weekends always go by too fast, and with Lauren they go even faster than ever. It was tough weekend, because I managed to damage the sidewall on a tire on my car, and a replacement tire wasn't available until today, Monday, so I spent the weekend using the minivan, or someone else's car.

Since we have the new kitties, who we're calling Bella and Domino (these are the names we were told they had when we adopted them - but actually later we found out we have Bella and Nickel), we invited Marie and the girls over to our house to meet the new kittens. Michaela and Mariah came over with Marie on Saturday and immediately fell in love with the new kittens. Lauren led them all in rounds of petting and holding the new kittens, who for the most part were good sports about being handled by 3 little girls.

The girls liked playing with the new kittens so much that after dinner at Chevys, Mariah asked if she could sleep over with Lauren, but Michaela decided that she did not want to sleep over, so in the end, Marie and the girls went home for the evening.

On Sunday, I tried my best to try and work on taxes, as we've got that deadline looming soon, but didn't get too far before it was time to go to the pet store to give the new kittens some follow up shots at their vaccination clinic. But the line was too long and we decided to go to different clinic later this week. We were in a rush because we had tickets to Cirque du Soleil's production of Quidam in San Jose. It's a revival production, the first time they were in San Jose was actually 14 years ago, when they opened the show in 1997. It's a show I'd been to before, but neither Lars nor Lauren had seen the show, so it was new for them.

I remembered parts of it from years earlier, but the acts were still amazing to watch the second time around. The big shock for the evening though was the cost to park at the HP Pavilion, where Quidam was playing in San Jose. The fee was $20 for parking on site. That's the most I've ever paid for parking there (typically parking is $10 for every other event we've been to). I'm not sure if they just thought they could get more because Cirque tickets are expensive (the face value of our tickets was $93, although I got them for less on Goldstar).

Finally, earlier today, I got the tire replaced on my car, a great experience because it took less time than expected and I was on the road and back to the office with lots more time to spare than I expected.

No comments: