Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Kitchen: Before and After

So we did buy that house in Tucson, the fixer upper that had no kitchen and no furnace or a/c systems. Here's the before picture of the kitchen. As you can see it really had nothing. No cabinets, no appliances, no countertops, just bare walls and linoleum on the floor.

First step in renovating the kitchen was painting and fixing the walls, followed by painting the walls. Next I started hanging cabinets on the walls, followed by base cabinets. I matched the new cabinets to size/location of the old ones (based on where the utility connections were located) so I wouldn't have to move any electrical, plumbing or gas. Here's where I ended last week, with the cabinets installed. I still need the countertop installed (next week), appliances (after the countertops) and install the crown molding (you can see a piece of it laying on the top of the wall cabinets).

For countertops, I've ordered granite, in the color of "mint brown", and for appliances we bought a complete set from Best Buy in a stainless steel appearance finish. I think it'll be quite a nice kitchen when I'm done, I'll post a final when it's completed.

We already had the a/c and furnaces replaced a few months ago and that went pretty well, so there's not much left to do to the house, probably 2 weeks more and we'll be ready to go back on the market with it.

No comments: