Monday, November 29, 2004

More Japanese Press

During my trip to Tokyo last week, I met with a few more reporters, so there's another article published from an interview I did with Enterprise Watch in Japan, and it's linked here.

I'm back from Japan (just yesterday), and just starting to recover from jet lag. Overall the trip was successful. I was part of a 4-speaker seminar to about 70 participants on email security.

Lars got to go to Okinawa to see his daughter and her family for Thanksgiving, before returning to Tokyo for the weekend. I was able to take Lars out to the Ginza and the Imperial Palace on Saturday, before returning to the Shibuya area of Tokyo and doing some shopping.

On Sunday we met up with my friend Joe who lives in Tokyo for lunch before flying back stateside Sunday evening.

I got to sleep for a lot of Sunday, so hopefully I'll be okay for my long day today. I've got a class to teach tonight after my day at work.

Maybe I'll have the energy to put up some pics from the Thanksgiving dinner (from last Sunday), and some pics from Tokyo later tomorrow. Just too much to do and not enough time!

My dad had a slight fever (as high as 102) during the Thanksgiving dinner last Sunday, and the doctor prescribed some antibiotics for him, and his fever was down, but because his white blood cell count was low (from the blood test last Monday), they skipped doing chemo last week and will resume it this week.

While we were gone to Tokyo, Su fen, Annette, Amelia and Daniel came down to San Jose to join my parents for Thanksgiving. Marie, Michael and Michaela flew down to Arizona to visit with Michael's mom for Thanksgiving.

Su fen tried to borrow the minivan during Thanksgiving, but it didn't start. The battery was dead from sitting in the garage for the last 3 months.

So last night Lars and I went over to my parents, took them (and Michaela) out to dinner, and then got back to the house and jump started the minivan. We then drove it back to our house to get the battery charged. After sitting overnight, I was able to start up the car, and drive it to work, so I think the battery's okay, just discharged from lack of use.

So at least that's one less thing to have to deal with. Now for the fun stuff. I've got expense reports to do for two weeks of traveling!

No comments: