As the saying goes, "Vote early, vote often". Today is of course election day in the good old U. S. of A. And if you didn't know that, you must be living under a rock somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I hadn't originally been planning on being home, much less in the country for election day (I was supposed to be in Europe), so I had an absentee ballot, which I dropped off at a polling place near our house earlier today.
This election is extremely controversial and seems to have the attention of the whole world. I was listening to NPR radio yesterday, and the commentator said "In Europe, President Bush is the most widely despised leader in history". It's incredible how disliked the president, and American politics is around the world. If you haven't visited outside the U.S. recently you'd be surprised to see how the U.S. is regarded. That being said all the stock markets would still prefer that Bush won. How scary is that?
Without more commentary, I'll say no matter who you support, make sure you get out and vote today!
Tuesday, November 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment