I've sort of been neglectful of this site for the last couple of weeks, since I've had a lot of last minute tasks and activities. Last Tuesday I was asked to go to St. Louis that same Thursday, so I had to book a last minute flight and make hotel arrangements.
Whenever you're traveling last minute, it makes every thing else seem much more hectic. But this was an easy trip, and one I've made before. The last time I was in St. Louis was about 10 years ago, visiting Washington University. The city looked much about the same as it did then (at least in my eyes). The trip was uneventful, and I was back in San Jose by Friday evening.
Meanwhile at home we're getting ready for Christmas. We've decorated the house, put up the tree, and put up lights outside the house.
And I've been busy at my parents house as well. With Lars' help I finally took out the over the range microwave that was broken and replaced it with a super strong range hood exhaust fan. There's still a little cosmetic work to finish for it, but that job will be done soon.
Marie is taking advantage of the family leave act to spend a little quality time with Michaela these few weeks, leaving my parents free to enjoy some quality time alone. They're going to take a quick vacation before Christmas, and visit the Las Vegas this weekend.
We'll be hosting a Christmas Eve dinner for family, invitations to go out soon, and then we'll be off to Portland to visit Lars' brother and Mom after Christmas. Lars' mom broke her pelvis in a recent fall and she's just starting to recover, so we wish her well and a speedy recovery.
Tuesday, December 14, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment