Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Just another crazy week

Today's Wednesday, and that means it's another chemo day for my dad. For me, it just means it's the middle of the work week. The work week itself isn't so bad, it's everything else I have to do around the work week that makes life sort of interesting.

I closed escrow on my condo (the one that was in the same complex as Marie's condo, but mine was much, much smaller). I closed last Friday, a record 17 days after the condo was sold. That meant I had to go to the escrow company this week to pick up the final paperwork and the check!

We also had our garage sale on Saturday, and many of the larger items that we didn't sell, we went ahead and donated to the Salvation Army after the garage sale. Still we have plenty left over to try and decide what to do with.

And in the middle of all our busy activities, somehow I managed to look at real estate listings in our neighborhood, and accidently noticed a house for sale on the next block, that proved to be extremely tempting. Tempting enough that I arranged a meeting with my real estate agent to see the house Monday night, and for me to put in an offer on the house today.

So we're going to keep our fingers crossed, and I'll know in a few days if our offer is accepted. If that's the case, then the real scary stuff starts. Trying to move houses, with a baby coming. What the heck am I thinking? Par for the course in the life of Tim.

So for now, life is on hold, until we hear from the sellers. If it doesn't happen, nothing's lost, and we rush some more to get the baby room ready, If it does, I've got a house for sale!

No comments: