It's a strange time to be getting a new car, and in fact I was just listening to a news report that this past January and February were the lowest numbers for car sales that it has been for quite some time. I think many families are hunkering down and holding off from big purchases as the economy is slowing down and everyone sees recession on the horizon.
So, leave it to me to buck the trend. I guess I see opportunity where everyone else has fled the market. I was able to pick up a new Honda Accord in February for far less money than I had expected. It's another lease, and extremely inexpensive.
That of course meant having to sell the Grand Am. That's been more difficult a chore in this economy than expected, so I've had to lower my price a few times, and change my tactics on how I was advertising the car for sale. All that seemed to have worked, as we found a buyer for the car over the weekend, and he's coming to pick up the car tonight with a check for the balance of the monies.
Lauren on the other hand has been less than enthused with our car choices as none of the new cars have a video screen in them for her to enjoy. I guess the economy has had its effect on other industries as well, and last weekend I found that Fry's had reduced the price of an installed overhead dvd player to only $299, so we picked one up for Lars' car and had it installed this past weekend. Now Lauren at least has one car where she can watch her favorite shows. Since my car is a lease, I've been a little more skeptical about doing this, and would prefer something a little less "permanent", but I may cave in and do the same thing in Lauren complains enough about being in my car.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment