I've written before about how wistful I get when thinking about the past, how I have regrets at the end of each year on New Year's Eve, wondering what I missed out on doing that year, and missing that year even before it's gone. After finishing a book, I wish it weren't over and there was more.
So it should be no surprise that Lauren seems to have inherited some of that wistfulness, that waxing nostalgia from me. Today after school she had asked that we go to the grocery store to buy some juice she likes, but after giving it some thought she asked if we could visit her pre-school instead. She missed her old day care, and her teachers, especially one teacher, her most recent one, Miss Uma.
So we stopped by her old school and everyone was glad to see her. She seemed amused to there and enjoyed the attention she was getting. But I got the impression that somehow going back didn't exceed her expectations, but then as they say, you can never go back, and that's something, that's a hard lesson to learn.
Before she fell asleep tonight, she asked if we could go back again.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment