It wasn't even two years ago that Lauren's favorite TV character was Dora the Explorer. Back then she was only vaguely familiar with Disney Princesses, Hello Kitty and the Disney Fairies from Pixie Hollow. Times change and now she'll tell you she's too old for Dora, and she prefers Hello Kitty, but still has quite an appreciation for Disney Princesses and Fairies. She's also since added Princess Ponies (from My Little Pony) to her cast of characters.
With these new favorites in mind, I was keeping an eye on Disney's newest movie release in the Disney Fairy line, "Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue". This movie went straight to DVD release with no distribution to the theaters. It's the third movie in the Disney Fairies line, and one that Lauren has probably seen the least promotional material for. (The others were preceded with a ton of advertising and impossible to avoid).
Since she hadn't heard much about this latest movie, I thought it would be nice to surprise her with the movie, and it released yesterday, Tuesday September 21, 2010. As Disney has done with similar releases in the past, they released a $10 off coupon on their Disney Movie Rewards site, and I got a hold of it early. Along with that I discovered a $5 Target coupon for the DVD set. Further research, and I found out that Target was going to have special edition pack that includes a jewelry box, hair clips and rings decorated with the Fairy characters.
So after work yesterday I headed out for Target, coupons in hand. I had already checked a few "bargain" websites and knew that the special Target combo pack was already selling out in quite a few stores. Once in the store, I found only 3 boxes left, and quickly picked one up. The store had plenty of regular DVDs without the bonus jewelry box (and those were lower priced as well). I felt lucky to have gotten one.
Once home, it was almost impossible to share the surprise with Lauren, as when she walked in the door, she was having a complete meltdown over the fact that Lars didn't stop for ice cream on the way home. I guess we have spoiled her a little too much, so she gets pretty upset when she doesn't get her way. Rather than cave in to her demands, we let her have tantrum in her room.
Some time after dinner, I was able to show her the new movie which she wanted to watch immediately. I told her she could watch a little bit before going to bed, but somehow we ended up watching the whole movie and she didn't fall asleep during the movie. We also didn't get her to bed until almost 10pm on a school night. I was sure this morning, she wouldn't wake up by herself for school, but to my surprise, she was awake a little after seven this morning, and on the drive to school she asked to watch the movie again tonight.
As an end-note, I found out after purchasing the movie at Target that I should be boycotting Target due to their support of political candidates that don't support equality. So yesterday's purchase may be my last at Target for awhile. It's unfortunate, because as many of you already know, Target is my favorite store.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment