Ever since Lauren was about to turn 3 years old, the season pass at Great America has been our yearly ritual. I was thinking this year, she might be getting tired of the experience, but when I asked her this year, she insisted on getting season tickets again. So I renewed our tickets, and off we went to Great America, this past Sunday.
Lauren has her own little rituals with how we approach the park, and we followed them all this time around. As we entered the park, the first order of business was the carousel, a large 2 story affair, in which Lauren always prefers to be on the second floor. We then went through a number of her favorite rides, before going to try some of the carnival games. Her favorite is a little fishing game, where you collect frogs and points towards a stuffed animal. This time around her efforts got her a little pink dolphin. Afterwards, we got a pizza dinner, and dessert of "dippin dots" ice cream, something she insists on getting every time we go to Great America.
On our way out of the park, we saw Snoopy all dressed for bed. I asked Lauren if she wanted to go say hi and take her picture, and she said sure, so she gave Snoopy a hug when she saw him. As we turned to go, she said to me, "I know he's not real, there's a person inside wearing a costume, but I still wanted to say hi". It's the first time she's ever acknowledged that many characters in theme parks aren't "real". Another sure sign she's getting older and losing her childhood innocence.
No comments:
Post a Comment