![]() |
| First Day of School |
All this travel for me, meant that I was able to achieve Gold status on American Airlines, the first time I've had status on an airline in about three years now. With the downturn in the economy, and my attempts to stay home to have more time with Lauren, I just haven't traveled much in the last few years.
This past weekend, Lauren was finally able to catch up with her cousins who spent much of the day Saturday and the night into Sunday with Lauren at our house. The girls had so much fun together they decided against going out to Family day at the SJ pride festival one of the reasons they came over in the first place. On Sunday, after the cousins left, we took Lauren to the festival, but it wasn't as family-oriented, and many of the family activities from Saturday weren't happening on Sunday. But even so, Lauren had fun, and took another stab at rock-climbing, only her third time using a rock-climbing wall, and was able to get to the top and ring the buzzer.
After getting home, Lauren agreed to an early bed-time in prep for the first day of school on Monday. She started second grade, and got the teacher I was hoping she'd get. Drop-off for the first day was uneventful, since she was going to a familiar school and a teacher she already knew.

No comments:
Post a Comment