Wednesday, August 04, 2004

The Road to Napa Valley

We left around 6pm last night to drive up to Napa Valley from the Bay Area. Probably not a great idea, given rush hour traffic, but I was looking to make it to the welcome reception that we were having last night.

The reception was scheduled for 7-9pm, and I arrived somewhere around 8pm. It lasted way past 9, and I didn't make it back to my room until around 10:30pm. There was some disappointment with the room, as the large suites, I had gotten the last two times we visited this resort were unavailable and we were booked into a fairly small room, with no kitchen. This was a problem, since Lars, had brought a cooler full of food, expecting the same kitchen I had last time. He'll have to make do with the cooler, and some silverware and dinnerware I was able to borrow from the conference.

Meanwhile, my dad's condition hasn't changed much, he's still tired much of the time, and he's got another round of chemo today.

As for Marie and Michael, they've finished remodeling the kitchen in their condo, and it'll go up for sale fairly soon.

No comments: