Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Another day in Montpellier

I had some more free time in Montpellier, France today, so I went out for a drive to the Mediterranean Sea. I drove first to a town called La Grande Motte, that's on a barrier island, sort of like Fire Island is to Long Island. I didn't stay long, after walking along the beach and boardwalk, due to the cold and windy weather. After that I drove along the coast to another town called Palavas, before finally driving back to Montpellier.

Once back in Montpellier I decided to have another go at local food, and went to a Creperie for lunch. I avoided my own advice I give when traveling, and went to a busy place. (Generally if you don't speak the language go to a less busy restaurant, they'll have more time to deal with you). It took a while to get my order taken, and more time to get a bill once I was done, but I got to taste local crepes, a savory crepe for lunch, made with tomatoes, onions and cheese, followed by a creme caramel dessert.

For the afternoon, I've got work to do, and then my flight to London tomorrow.

No comments: