Monday, October 04, 2004

Babysitting for Michaela

On Saturday Lars and I got to babysit Michaela by ourselves for the first time. Marie and Michael had tickets for four to a Chinese production up in Fremont, that their real estate agent had given them. They took my parents with them so, Michaela stayed in our house.

Unfortunately for Michaela, she wasn't used to being our house, much less being with us alone (typically when we're with her, so are either my parents or her parents). So she cryed a lot for the first hour, even though we tried to comfort her. She drank most of her bottle, and watched a little of Disney's "Toy Story" which seemed to captivate some of her interest for a little while, but nothing else seemed to calm her. Finally after a two hours passed, she fell asleep, and slept until my parents and her parents came by to pick her up.

We saw her again the next day, Sunday, and of course she was bright and happy, and even seemed happy to see us, and played with us for a while. She was in her element again, at my parents house, surrounded by the people she sees daily.

Over the weekend I got two of my projects completed. The DVD/LCD TV is now installed in the minivan, so next time we take a trip, we can watch a movie (at least the back seat passengers can!). I also added the feature to the Miata, where I can lock out the remote release for the trunk that's in the car, so I can feel more secure leaving stuff in the trunk.

So over all a productive weekend, with lots of family activities.

No comments: