There's a show on HGTV (Home and Garden Television), called Weekend Warriors, the idea that if you're a homeowner, you'll be doing major renovation projects on your house over the weekend. As a homeowner, I'm no exception to the rule. Lars and I spent Saturday over at my mom and dad's house replacing three windows, a project that took about 5 hours to complete. At this point 5 of 11 windows have been replaced, leaving 6 more to go. I'm replacing the original single pane aluminum windows in the house with new energy efficient dual pane vinyl windows.
On Saturday, I replaced the front light over the garage door with a new motion sensor light (the previous one was stuck on all the time and burnt out the previous bulbs). Afterwards I installed a new 160GB hard drive in my dad's computer along with an 8X DVD Burner. That was followed up with a drive up to Milpitas with Lars and my parents to meet up with Marie, Michael and Michaela, in their favorite restaurant for dinner. We then took Michaela back with us to my parents house.
Michaela is still as joyful and bright and happy as ever. Little babies do really light up a room.
This weekend coming up unfortunately will not be a weekend warrior session. I'll be flying out to France on Saturday and I'll be in Europe until the following Saturday. So there's a short break in the window replacement cycle.
Meanwhile my parents will be attempting to get flu shots today (good luck!), and spending their typical week here in SF Bay Area.
Monday, October 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment