Friday, October 22, 2004

In San Jose for a day

I'm back in San Jose, but off to Europe tomorrow. We got back yesterday for Los Angeles and stopped by my parents to get the mail they had been picking up and to see little Michaela. She was as precocious as ever.

Thanksgiving this year, will be strange and different for me. I'm going to be spending it in Tokyo, Japan, on a business trip. Since there's no concept of Thanksgiving in Japan, the local office had forgotten it was an American holiday when they scheduled the seminar they need me to be at.

It's a shame since I know my cousin Michael will be at my parent's house visiting over Thanksgiving and it's been a while since I've seen him. He's quite the adult now, and has been training for the Marines as a member of the ROTC.

And now I know from reading my cousin Ling's blog, that he and his wife, Theresa, and their baby girl will probably be here in the SF Bay Area for Thanksgiving as well.

So that's two cousins I'll probably miss seeing over Thanksgiving. But to make up for it, we'll probably have a large Christmas gathering at my house again this year. So if you're a relative and you're reading this, you're invited for Christmas if you're in the Bay Area! More details to come later of course.

Anyway, I'll be back stateside the following Saturday. Until then, Au Revoir!

No comments: