I imagine it's impossible that it can get any busier than it already is, but the impossible always happens. I should learn not to be surprised any more.
This month started out innocently enough. A simple trip to Denver. How hard could that be? But that was quickly followed by a sales conference in San Francisco, a road trip to Southern California, a trip to Austin this week, a trip to Montana next week, and trip to Dublin Ireland starting on the last day of the month.
Not only has it been busy for me, but it's been busy for Lars as well. And not for any good reasons. Lars' mom passed away this past Sunday, unfortunately she was unable to recover from the fall she took last December. So, Lars has been busy with trips to Portland (where she had been convalescing), and to Montana (her home). A service will be held for her next Wednesday in Montana, and afterwards her ashes will be buried next to her husband's. Lars has received a lot of condolences and he's appreciative of all the support everyone has given him.
If all this hasn't been enough, I've had only 30 days to sell the Mercedes (with almost no free days to show it), since the insurance company gives you 30 days after you buy a replacement vehicle to sell the first. So I lowered the price considerably, and was able to finally sell the Mercedes yesterday. That meant I finally got to drive the new Honda Pilot EX-L to work today. What a miserable day for a first drive as well. It's been pouring rain here in San Jose, and the rain is likely to continue for a week.
Since I know my friend Dave is curious (and perhaps some others of you as well), the new car I purchased is a brand new Honda Pilot EX-L, an 8 seater SUV, it's desert sand (gold) in color with a saddle leather interior. I got the RES (Rear Entertainment System) package, so there's a drop down LCD, with DVD player and wireless headphones. The 2005 Pilot is also the first year with a power moonroof, which comes standard in the EX-L.
In other news, little Michaela spent much of last night playing with me. She's overcome the initial fear she's had with seeing someone for the first time (after a long absence), and she loves to play repetition type games. She certainly has no lack of energy!
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment