I celebrated another birthday this weekend, and Lauren helped out by going with me to my friend Stacy's house, Saturday night. Stacy and I have been friends since our freshman year of college when we met because we were living on the same dorm floor. She was there with her son Lucas and my friend Phil from college also came over with his kids Matthew and Valerie. At Stacy's house Lauren got to play with the other kids, and decorate cupcakes with frosting, icing and sprinkles. Stacy also made a great dinner that included a salad and chicken with capers. It was nice being able to catch up with everyone, since I hadn't seen them in a while.
On Sunday, Lauren and I went to Great America and spent some time on the rides, watching Dora in her sing-along event, and buying some presents for Michaela and Mariah. We then went home to meet my sister Marie, her husband Michael and Michaela and Mariah. Lauren spent some time distributing presents (t-shirts and stuffed ponies), before we went out to dinner together at Fresh Choice. All in all, a nice relaxed birthday weekend with friends and family.
Earlier last week, we went to my uncle Tao and aunt Cathy's house to drop off mooncakes. Lauren loved being at their house and eating a second dinner while we were there!
Monday, October 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment