Thursday, July 22, 2004

Another Birthday

For those of you that didn't remember, my mom's birthday was yesterday, July 21st.  I had promised my mom that I wouldn't post anything about her birthday before the actual date, but I didn't promise not to post anything afterwards. 

It turns out it didn't make much of a difference that I didn't post an article about it.  My mother didn't want people making a fuss about her birthday, but it turns out plenty of people remembered her birthday anyway.

My cousin Amy and her husband Clement were kind enough to have a bouquet of red flowers sent for the occasion (Thank you!), a considerable effort since they're on the east coast.  My Aunt Cathy and Uncle Tao also stopped by to wish my mother a happy birthday, bearing presents from my cousin Eric who just got back from a trip to mainland China.  (Thanks for the tea Eric).  Eric didn't make it to the house since he had badminton practice. 

My sister Marie stopped by after dinner with the birthday cake, and Lars and I took out my mom, dad and Michaela to dinner at the local favorite restaurant, Pasta Pomodoro.  All in all, I think my mom had a pretty good birthday (even if she was trying to avoid it!). 

No comments: