Thursday, September 02, 2004

Teaching, teaching, teaching

School's started in much of the SF Bay Area, so kids are back in school, and it's sort of fitting that I too had a class yesterday. I have the class that I teach at UC Berkeley Extension which will start on October 18th and run for five weeks. For my own company I've converted that five week class into a one day overview, as a training class for new employees.

I held the internal class yesterday, to a group of seven new employees. I've gotten some pretty good reviews as a teacher from UC Berkeley as well as from my own company, but sometimes I don't think I'm that well suited to being a teacher.

At the end of the day yesterday I had almost lost my voice (my throat gets very scratchy after just a couple of hours of talking), and my legs were killing me from standing all day. Just a day of doing this renews my respect for the teachers who have to be on their feet all day, and talking to a class every day for weeks on end.

Kudos to all the teachers!

No comments: