I've been in Beijing almost a day now, having flown from Taipei to Hong Kong on Wednesday evening, and then on to Beijing Thursday evening,
Before leaving, Taipei I had lunch with my cousin Sui-guin, and then going to her house. At her house, I saw her daughter Lo-lo, who has matured quite a bit, and is today a very beautiful young woman. In Hong Kong, I had business meetings before catching a flight to Beijing, where I arrived late, and caught a cab to my Hotel, the "Shin-Si-Gee", New Century Hotel. It's the first hotel in China I've been to that claims to have potable water directly from the tap! What a concept.
I've finished my business meetings in Beijing, and have some meetings with just coworkers for the evening. Tomorrow, Saturday, was supposed to be a working day originally, but it turns out the co-workers I was supposed to meet with have been called off to another meeting, so I will have Saturday morning and early afternoon to myself in Beijing. I've e-mailed my nephew (my cousin's son - but nephew in Chinese culture), to see if he's available tomorrow, since he lives and studies in Beijing.
I then have a 5:15 flight back to Hong Kong, where I'll spend the evening before having to get on a flight back to the U.S. on Sunday. A week on airplanes!
Friday, May 28, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment